Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I am a little confused on properties of numbers?

I am in 9th grade algeba and am a little confused on the properties of real numbers. I dont understand what the distrubuative property, cummonitive property, etc. etc. is. One of my questions says:


-6g+10+1g=-6g+1g+10


that is the cummontative property of addition right?


Please help me because I have homework on it tonight and a test on it tomorrow and I am very confusd! Thanks!I am a little confused on properties of numbers?
Cummonitive simply means that the on in which things are added will not affect the result





e.g. consider 1 + 2 + 3





the result is not affected if we first add the 1 and the 2 or the 2 and the 3 - we will get 6 every time.I am a little confused on properties of numbers?
Or, an easier explanation.


COMMUTATIVE, as we call it, simply means we switch around the numbers, sometimes to make the equation simpler.


1+2+3=2+1+3. You might be getting it confused with the associative property. It does the same thing, except associative properties will have parentheses. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment